Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?

Article about: Here is my newly acquired Tornister M34. Worn out but appears to be complete. Shoulder straps are mismatched - different makers. Tornister was made by Sachs and Deisselberg in Hamburg in 193

Default Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?

Here is my newly acquired Tornister M34. Worn out but appears to be complete. Shoulder straps are mismatched - different makers. Tornister was made by Sachs and Deisselberg in Hamburg in 1938.
    Nametag Belz and stamped 31.5 (meaning ?).

There is similar one with the same 31.5 marking and by the same maker for sale at Collector's Guild.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?   Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?  

Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?   Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tornister M34 - 31.5 markings ?

Also tested under UV - nothing glows :-)

All looks fine.

However, you have mistaken a Fraktur letter "P" for a "B". So his surname is "Pelz".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    sorry i can't help you out with the 31,5 marking, but this type of Tornister is not the M34 which had no leather loops on its front flap and had a messkit cloth bag sewn inside....yours is an older type used within the german army during WWI and the Reichswehr years. From 1934, this older type was issued to political and paramilitary organisations. Concerning the carrying leather straps, they're turned inside out...the reinforcing leather part sewn where auxiliary strap is attached shoud be inside, so not visible from outside....Your Tornister is not very common as 99% of haversacks of this type usually had a fur front flap....a nice item even if not stricto sensu military...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    All looks fine.

However, you have mistaken a Fraktur letter "P" for a "B". So his surname is "Pelz".

Cheers, Ade.
    You right my mistake.
    Thanks.

Regarding those nametags were they army or paramilitary ?

These name tags were a private purchase option. Many soldiers bought them, as did members of the SA/SS/HJ etc.

I recall my Mum bought me some similar ones for my first school uniform circa 1966!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I've seen the exact style sewn onto a feldflasche and a zeltbahn ( in fact I own the zellt - a 1939 issue ) so it certainly puts it in the time frame but who did them for the soldier is something I don't know.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Dan, many companies offered these tags for sale. They were popular in several formats: machine woven, like shown here, or the other popular format was screen printed which also gave the soldiers unit details.

I have seen these advertised in "UM" Magazine.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade - I wonder if many of us have items with these tags sewn on them, might be an interesting idea for a thread .......h'mm.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice idea. I have a couple of screen printed tags I can share.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast