Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trench periscope

Article about: Hi, recently I came into possession of military trench periscope. I searched quite a bit on internet about the model (it's tag plate is unreadable) but was unable to find anything similar. O

Vlaho124
    ?

Question Trench periscope

Hi, recently I came into possession of military trench periscope. I searched quite a bit on internet about the model (it's tag plate is unreadable) but was unable to find anything similar. Only model that resembled it was Japanese model (but a lot shorter) but the small tags on the side would suggest it's from Germany . If you have seen it, or have knowledge of, please tell me where it is from and rough value of it (is it rare or common?). Tags are: CARL ZEISS (it's probably lens manufacturer, pretty good quality from my understanding) and WINK HERNROHR 1. I'm not 100% on the second tag.

Any insight is appreciated, thank you in advance. P.S. Sorry if the lightning on photos isn't the best
    Trench periscope Trench periscope Trench periscope Trench periscope Trench periscope Trench periscope Trench periscope Trench periscope

2. # ADS

German SF 17 ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    German SF 17 ?
    Looks very similar to a Scherenfernrohr doesn't it but no doubt other countries made their own versions.

Here's a link to an Austrian site for binoculars, perhaps you're able to make some comparisons Zeiss Wien Scherenfernrohr SF.17

Vlaho124
    ?

Thank you for your responses, it is very similar but this one isn't "rabbit ears", it separates on other end. I'm starting to think it's some kind of uncommon version of Scherenfernrohr.