Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tropical Fieldgear set

Article about: Greetings All, At last years S.O.S. I aquired a ttropical field gear bug. Finally I have my completed set sans gasmask and can. The set hasa nice overal wear to it. The bayonet, messkit, can

Fred Green

Default Re: Tropical Fieldgear set

Thanks for the kind words Matt and Bob! I enjoyed the hunt for the parts and piecesand also picked up a tropical/Late war rucksack, breadbag strap, gas sheet pouch and 3 equipment straps!

Now all I need is a gas mask cannister!!! I am sure that that will take a little time.

2. # ADS

Hello Fred,
    Some nice and used items, just enough to set up a real frontliner...
    Now you need a tan/orange painted canister, a leather shovel carrier with its tool and why not, let's be crazy, a first pattern Troppen Feldbluse....good luck for your hunt...
    Are the ammo pouches russian capture ?
    "I didn't use any weapon in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men...they're now at the bottom of the sea"
    Walter Borg (ex-MI6) Agent and radio operator in Malta, Tunisia and Italy between 1941 and 1945. Arrested twice, tortured twice, escaped twice, survived the war...

"The future torments us, the past holds us, that is why the present escapes us."
    Gustave Flaubert

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I think that looks just great, Fred! Perhaps, a 1941 dated "coconut" canteen will turn up. Cheers, rick

Fred Green

Greetings All,

JP- I am unsure of the ammo pouches. They were brown and then dyed black. There is some tell-tell blacking on the finials but I am unsure if it is from the original dying or if they are Russian capture. I am looking for a Gas mask carrier and entrenching tool. My next major aquisition ,hopefully, will be a 2nd or 3rd model Tropical tunic and Trousers.

Rick- I had a nice 43 dated coconut but sold it a couple of years ago. A nice 41 would be very cool. From what I understand they were not used in the desert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12