Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tropical Fieldgear set

Article about: Greetings All, At last years S.O.S. I aquired a ttropical field gear bug. Finally I have my completed set sans gasmask and can. The set hasa nice overal wear to it. The bayonet, messkit, can

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: Tropical Fieldgear set

Greetings,

Thanks for the kind words Matt and Bob! I enjoyed the hunt for the parts and piecesand also picked up a tropical/Late war rucksack, breadbag strap, gas sheet pouch and 3 equipment straps!

Now all I need is a gas mask cannister!!! I am sure that that will take a little time.

Fred

2. # ADS

Hello Fred,
    Some nice and used items, just enough to set up a real frontliner...
    Now you need a tan/orange painted canister, a leather shovel carrier with its tool and why not, let's be crazy, a first pattern Troppen Feldbluse....good luck for your hunt...
    Are the ammo pouches russian capture ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I think that looks just great, Fred! Perhaps, a 1941 dated "coconut" canteen will turn up. Cheers, rick

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings All,

JP- I am unsure of the ammo pouches. They were brown and then dyed black. There is some tell-tell blacking on the finials but I am unsure if it is from the original dying or if they are Russian capture. I am looking for a Gas mask carrier and entrenching tool. My next major aquisition ,hopefully, will be a 2nd or 3rd model Tropical tunic and Trousers.

Rick- I had a nice 43 dated coconut but sold it a couple of years ago. A nice 41 would be very cool. From what I understand they were not used in the desert.

Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2