Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical A-Frame Set...

Article about: Any feedback on this set - only photos available. Set includes a-frame, a-frame bag, mess kit and zeltbahn (paramilitary). Thanks in advance.

Default Tropical A-Frame Set...

Any feedback on this set - only photos available.
    Set includes a-frame, a-frame bag, mess kit and zeltbahn (paramilitary).

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical A-Frame Set...   Tropical A-Frame Set...  

Tropical A-Frame Set...   Tropical A-Frame Set...  

Tropical A-Frame Set...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical A-Frame Set...
    P
    Many

Run....
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical A-Frame Set...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Tropical A-Frame Set... 

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

so what is it - czech repro ? zelt could be post-war ?

The A-frame is czech webbing, the messkit looks russian (and postwar), it's enough to look somewhere else...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

all captured gear then ;-)

The set is ready for the seller's next DAK reenactment weekend...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

thank you and it sold for $650...

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    it sold for $650...
    $650....!?

650 for that piece of crap, someone didn't do their homework i'm afraid...

As long as there will be believers, there will be dream sellers...(Quote : me, today)

Credulity, lack of knowledge, desire for possession and scamming people...too bad these are not meant for our hobby only, our world would be a better place to live in.

For those who may read the thread without actually knowing how the real thing looks like, below is a photo of an original A-frame...the photo shows an early type "tropical" example, with Zeltbahn straps closing with a buckle with prong, before the use of the more common rolling buckle (that can be seen on the specific messkit strap right above)
    Thanks

Tropical A-Frame Set...

In Memoriam :

?

The first oddity I noticed in the OP, was that one of the upper hooks is upside-down (image #3), and they are weird hooks anyway!

I have seen those hooks before, i believe they are just late war type of hooks. And indeed one is upside down.
    However the webbing of the a-frame is no good. Also the extra stitching at the bottom middle should not be two sided on the a frame, but just on one side as you can see next to the maker mark on JPhilip's frame.
    But the equipment strap which comes lose with the a-frame seems to be alright, which would be the only correct thing on that frame.
    I think it is some post war assembled frame whit some original hooks and equipment strap to make it look more deceivingly.

Regards,
    Juncker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast