Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!

Article about: Finally!!!!!!!!! I have finally found a tropen / OT gasmask setup that I can afford - and at 100E I was amazed that for an auction that finished in the wee hours of the morning, when I check

Default Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!!!!

I have finally found a tropen / OT gasmask setup that I can afford - and at 100E I was amazed that for an auction that finished in the wee hours of the morning, when I checked my messages I had been successful!! Anyway, it is now winging it's way down under and apart from one strap ( the belt one ) seems complete .......I'm STOKED!!!!!

Does anyone know whether the cartridge was originally OT as well??

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!   Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!  

Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!   Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!

Nice score!

The filter cartridges can be found painted around the top on occasion, mine is, but mostly they remain the original feldgrau paint. Depends if the markings are ink stamped or impressed I think?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello, perhaps one idea, but it seems that paint is on rust on the box. Why paint on the web part? We can wait for other advices.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, perhaps one idea, but it seems that paint is on rust on the box. Why paint on the web part? We can wait for other advices.
    Yes, Lebus, but maybe it is a field repaint yes? I will know when it gets to Australia.
    Merci beaucoup,
    Dan

Yes , but in 1944, there was no rust on metal. I try to make pictures of one of mine.
    Michel

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice score!

The filter cartridges can be found painted around the top on occasion, mine is, but mostly they remain the original feldgrau paint. Depends if the markings are ink stamped or impressed I think?

Cheers, Ade.
    I noticed in another of the sellers photos that there is an ink stamped TP next to a triangle on the top of the cartridge.

So the OT kanister has arrived - a little worse and salty than I thought, BUT the concern some voiced that the painting was done OVER rust is not so - the rust is coming up through the factory OT paint. I cannot find a year stamp on it and since receiving it have cleaned it up with a warm soap wash and freed the rusty joints & hinges so it opens & closes OK. Still and all, I am satisfied that it is legitimately a factory applied ordnance tan even though it is rough & ready!
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!   Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!  

Troppen gasmask and kanister - yippee!!!!!!!!!!