Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

two fuel cans

Article about: Hi I have two fuel cans. Does anybody know something about them? : I think one of them is an English one? zhe other one with "Wehrmacht" on it is clear.

Default two fuel cans

Hi
    I have two fuel cans. Does anybody know something about them? :

I think one of them is an English one? zhe other one with "Wehrmacht" on it is clear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two fuel cans   two fuel cans  

two fuel cans   two fuel cans  

two fuel cans   two fuel cans  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement two fuel cans
    P
    Many

Default Re: two fuel cans

Hi O.s,

The cans are as you've stated.
    The German one is a standard 20 litre fuel canister as made by Metallwerk Max Brose & Co. Coburg. What's interesting is that when these were first produced in 1936, the manufacturing process was fully automated, one of the first such systems in the world.

To show their confidence in the quality of their product to potential customers, it was common practice to fill a canister with water, and drop it from a second floor factory window into the cobbled factory yard without it rupturing!!

Brose & Co. are still going today as the 5th largest privately owned car components firm in the world.

Hope this helps, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images two fuel cans 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thank you.....
    What do you think is its price?

The condition isn't that great so i'd say 20-25GBP. If it was a nice SS stamped original that would be worth 2-300GBP!!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Schnaps
    ?

Second canister is English

The British can is made by "Briggs Motor Bodies". (BMB) This company also made steel helmets, etc.

Cheers, Ade.