Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

U-776 Life preserver

Article about: Hey guys, I`v had this for a few months now. Not to sure what to think about the story to the vest itself. Just wondering if anyone knows if someones tried replicating old vests like this. a

Default U-776 Life preserver

Hey guys, I`v had this for a few months now. Not to sure what to think about the story to the vest itself. Just wondering if anyone knows if someones tried replicating old vests like this. as far as the History of U-776 it matches up, thats why it interested me. U-776 was a late war U-boat, launched in March of 1944. It only did 1 patrol threw its short lived career, had no sinks or hits. Then in May of 1945 U-776 surrendered at Weymouth England and was towed into Westminster where she was moored to the pier and opened to the public for viewing. Now with that said the History wrote on the backside of this life vest matches up with the U-Boats actual battle history. It appears as if someone captured this item and made it a souvenir. Im posting this to see what the opinions of others are on this matter and vest in general, especially the markings on it. IMO it makes for a really neat story and item, feel free to comment or msg me on thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-776 Life preserver   U-776 Life preserver  

U-776 Life preserver   U-776 Life preserver  

U-776 Life preserver   U-776 Life preserver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-776 Life preserver
    P
    Many

Default Re: U-776 Life preserver

Vest looks good. The photo appears to be a copy of a copy perhaps.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Ya I wasn't to worried about the picture, I think it was added for historical significance, there are a few photos on Google image of 776 being towed into dock, so it appears as if the pic was printed out on glossy photo paper, still makes the whole story cool though to have a visual reference to it. thanks for the help

Nice vest you seem to have a lot of interesting items.

Thank you, Well Iv had a couple days off work so I have been going over the collection trying to further study items I had from before I joined the forum, so I made a few posts yesterday as far as my collection, but thanks for the comment Ben