Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified Straps

Article about: Picked up a Gebirgsjäger Rucksack at the weekend. In the rucksack's back pocket were two straps, at first I thought they were for holding the zeltbahn to the rucksack, but they are miles to

?

Default Unidentified Straps

Picked up a Gebirgsjäger Rucksack at the weekend. In the rucksack's back pocket were two straps, at first I thought they were for holding the zeltbahn to the rucksack, but they are miles to long. In the picture looking at the top strap - measures 75cm x 20mm, I'm not sure its pre 1945 ? the buckles and clips look to be from another era. The leather strap is marked XE6 Augsburg.

The bottom measures 90cm X 18mm I've no doubt it pre 1945 buckle marked DRGM and has the Assman A mark. Strap marked - Fabrikat -F.W. Kinkel - Mainz Wallstr.17 both clip & buckle fronts have dimpled effect, similar to buckles & clips used on dagger gehänge. Any information appreciated. Unidentified Straps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified Straps   Unidentified Straps  

Unidentified Straps   Unidentified Straps  

Unidentified Straps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified Straps
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unidentified Straps

Hi Alec, these look like shoulder cross straps worn with the belt (Sam Brown belt style) worn by the HJ.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Unidentified Straps

Hi Ade,
    Thanks for the post, it did point me in the right direction. I've just spent a couple of hours this morning trawling through the internet, googling HJ cross straps & other German cross straps. Came up with a number of exact matches for the top strap in my picture, the one which I didn't have too much faith in, its indeed a text book HJ Cross Strap without belt loops. The other one was a little more problematic, came up with only one exact match and that was on the uniform of a NSDAP Kreisleiter, whether that was particular cross strap for a Kreisleiter I don't know, looked at other rank NSDAP uniforms their cross straps didn't match my one different clips. However one thing I did find out is, the strap is missing its clip on the other end - I'll be looking out for one. Again thanks for the help, much appreciated. Best Wishes