Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?

Article about: I recently got myself this Verbandkasten in Dunkelgelb color. The sides and the bottom of the box are painted with a dark brown color though? Do any of you have any ideas on why this could b

?

Default Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?

I recently got myself this Verbandkasten in Dunkelgelb color. The sides and the bottom of the box are painted with a dark brown color though? Do any of you have any ideas on why this could be? This Verbandkasten has a really nice look to it in my opinion, and I'm not sure if I should try and remove the later on added paint. Especially since I don't know its origin! Thank you already, looking forward to what ideas you have!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?   Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?  

Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?   Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?  

Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?   Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?  

Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verbandkasten with dark paint painted over dunkelgelb?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks like post war over paint to me , someone stripped the top paint to reveal the cross and make it more salable . Nice box , Id consider stripping the rest of the paint Carefully . Also if you wax the top with a conservators wax , it should bring back some of the original color . IMHO