Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Very Interesting Tan Ammo Pouch

Article about: I picked this up today. A nice interesting little piece with a story I'm trying to unravel. Interesting issue #1 It is a single K98 ammo pouch. I have never seen a single pouch before. It is

JP, yes, also a very distinct possibility, a political/police pouch...... But an early one for sure 😬

@ John: indeed, looks like the nice chocolate brown colour the Luftwaffe used... But then again, for me, equipment is really certain Luftwaffe, when it is LBA stamped.... 😉

Cheers
    Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Interesting Tan Ammo Pouch
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    IMHO a cut pouch.... That's why there are no markings (these are on the middle piece)

Pencil markings could be from anywhere, unfortunately no way of knowing

What is sure is: it's part of un undyed early pouch (aluminium hardware)..

Also not a fact , but these undyed pouches were used in Afrika....

When and why it was cut: a lof of hunters bought these pouches(they were 5 mark for a complete pouch when i was a kid) and cut them up because they didn't need a while lot of ammo in the field when hunting

Just some thoughts from my part 😉

Tom
    Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    I agree with Tom, it's a cut-off left pouch from a standard 3 Pocket ammo pouch.....
    Tom, don't you think that it's rather a political/police pouch than an early DAK one
    Thanks

Thank you gentleman.

On closer inspection it does indeed appear to be cut down. But I would say (in my uneducated opinion) that it is actually the right pouch. The left side of this pouch is actually a bit lighter in color along the raw/cut edges, not as worn or rubbed and not as cleanly cut. But either way it does not matter.

The color is very close to the photos on the one on Johns site. So either Political, Police or Luftwaffe.

I am however certain that the name and serial number are period and part of a vet "souvenir".

But as far as the more important (to me at least) "4 - Passau", I can not be certain. It is definitely a different ink but also not recent as under a loop it has none of the characteristics as been a ball point pen or modern. Appears more like a fine tip fountain pen that I use in the office with the typical flat ink.

This word is probably the Bavarian city, so I would see no need to randomly write this on there. So I would guess, either the vet did it or it was on it at the time of capture.

But not important in the end.

Thanks again!

Michael
    Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Michael,
    I wrote left pouch as i was looking the rear of the pouch...from the front it's the right pouch
    Thanks

Very Interesting Tan Ammo Pouch
    Last edited by JPhilip; 09-27-2016 at 02:35 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Thanks!

The photo helps. I was going off the cut and wear of the edges.

The item was given to me, so it is what it is. I was just drawn to it given the writing on the pouch. Always like to decipher the story behind the piece.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2