Become our sponsor and display your banner here

VM40 Zivil Schutzmaske: Are the Black ones more rare?

Article about: Danny if you are around could you take a look at this and give me an opinion? Thanks Mike

Default VM40 Zivil Schutzmaske: Are the Black ones more rare?

Danny if you are around could you take a look at this and give me an opinion?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	229471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gas2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	229472

Thanks Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default re: VM40 Zivil Schutzmaske: Are the Black ones more rare?

Hi Mike, its a German VM40 Zivil Schutzmaske. Looks to be in pretty good condition too, shame about the lack of the filter and other bits and pieces though however they can be easily sourced I believe that they are slightly less common than the green version, however both types can be easily sourced.

Thanks and nice piece

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Hi Mike, its a German VM40 Zivil Schutzmaske. Looks to be in pretty good condition too, shame about the lack of the filter and other bits and pieces though however they can be easily sourced I believe that they are slightly less common than the green version, however both types can be easily sourced.

Thanks and nice piece

Danny
    Thanks for the information! This was actually the first piece I obtained about a year ago and forgot about it sitting in my drawer. I thought it was pretty common, but wanted to get some opinions. Oh anything special about the maker mark in red? I thought about just leaving it the way it is....I would like to get a filter for it, but I'm not going to try real hard. This was a Vet bring back.

Thanks Mike

The red mark is differnt any info? And any date on the lense?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    The red mark is differnt any info? And any date on the lense?

Eric
    Eric, let me take a closer look....the lense writing is wore off I cannot make it out...on the front where the canister attaches, there is RI 1-39/87 its a small mask as well, maybe for a child?
    The RED mark is WaA445.

Mike
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 08-09-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Judging by the size of the component parts in comparison to the rest of the facepiece it does look like the childs size. Some masks were marked with a "K" in-between the eyepieces which means "Kinder", German for "Children". As for the red mark I believe this was the case for all the black variants as the black stamp used on the more common green masks wouldnt show up.

Thanks

Danny

Thanks Danny,

Mike