Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walther PP Holster

Article about: Gentlemen, this is my recent purchase. According to "Military holsters of World War II" (Eugene J Bender) and "German Pistols and Holsters, 1934-1945: Military, Police, NSDAP&

Default Walther PP Holster

Gentlemen, this is my recent purchase. According to "Military holsters of World War II" (Eugene J Bender) and "German Pistols and Holsters, 1934-1945: Military, Police, NSDAP" (Col. Robert D. Whittington III) it should be Walther PP holster third model. (dimentions are similar to those shown in the books). Marking indicate the III Reich police ownership. This type was almost identical to Sauer 38 holster, therefore I had some doubts. What is your opinion as regards the holster? Police Walther PP?Walther  PP HolsterWalther  PP HolsterWalther  PP HolsterWalther  PP Holster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther  PP Holster  
    Last edited by Tomasz70; 09-13-2014 at 09:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Walther  PP Holster
    P
    Many

looks ok.

?

Question

Not necessarily a polizei holster w/o the letter to the right of the swastika.
    Any other markings on the holster?
    sarge

That type of eagle is found on police equipment and in the spine and curve of s84/98 bayonets of police contract however as Sarge points out some of them have the letter C B etc at the right side of wing. Military Waa eagle is different type and followed by the Waa 519 or so for instance. I suspose it could also be a NSDAP holster also I personally would lean toward Police issue I have seen them on holsters not followed by a letter. Nice find timothy

No other markings are visible. The eagle seems to be a police signature, as some letter ("B"?) was stamped on the eagle's breast - just the same as mentioned in the Robert D. Whittington book. You may not observe this, however it can be noticed looking from a different angle.

I see it now Tomasz70 Nice police holster for sure. I was positive that was a police eagle. timothy