Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Walther PPK Holster

Article about: Hi I am looking to buy this PPK holster and would appreciate opinions as to whether or not it is period WW2 or thereabouts! Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you, nic.

Default Walther PPK Holster

Hi
    I am looking to buy this PPK holster and would appreciate opinions as to whether or not it is period WW2 or thereabouts! Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walther PPK Holster   Walther PPK Holster  

Walther PPK Holster   Walther PPK Holster  

Walther PPK Holster   Walther PPK Holster  

Walther PPK Holster  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Walther PPK Holster
    P
    Many

I would not like to be quoted on this but I think it may be late war production for the civil police and continued after ww2 untill full rearm and uniform change in 1946, most stayed the saME BUT ALL NAZI SIGNS OBLITERATED AND i THINK THIS MAY BE FROM THAT PERIOD BUT i AM NO EXPERT ONLY HAVING SEEN A FEW

?

Thumbs up

Nothing has been obliterated on that holster that I can see. Some wear across the stamping inside the flap, but that is normal wear.
    I'd say this is an early war civilian holster. It is neither military or Polizei proofed.
    Over all a very nice PPK holster.
    Sarge

Lightbulb

This is an interesting item, which I think may be pre-WWII. 'DRGM' means Deutsches Reichgebrauchmuster , basically 'registered design of the German Reich'. There seems to be some dispute as to whether this refers to the Third Reich, or maybe earlier.

However, the type of the lettering on the holster seems 'older style' , as often found on between-wars items, and also the quality of workmanship looks good ( not typical of late-war, for instance ).

I have also puzzled over the marking beneath 'DRGM', crossed rifles and lettering which I can't quite make out. But again, doesn't look typical for something produced during WWII.

I have to say that it's a very fine-looking holster, and if you have the weapon to go with it, will make a fine display piece.

The Walther PPK was first introduced in 1931 and continues on to today. From the styling and design of the holster, I would agree that this is quite likely a pre-war civilian model holster. I agree too with Martin on the unusual stamping beneath DRGM. It is nothing that I am familiar with, but in any case, this is a nice holster that would have existed in the war years and before and would certainly fit with a nice Walther automatic.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for all the feedback/info, it is much appreciated. I guess now I had better buy the item!

Perfectly good pre war holster.

What you guys cannot make out is the makers mark. This is the company called "Akah". I have a small black pre war holster by them for a 7.63mm pistol.

They are still in business today!

https://www.akah.eu/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

YES, buy the holster, it's very nice!

Very common WWII era crossed rifles "AKAH" PPK holster, there's nothing to denote it as being particularly "pre war" that I know of. AKAH holsters commonly seen with Private purchase officers pistols, and as well as Party Leader pistols. It's not late war or "nazi symbols obliterated" or any of that mumbo jumbo.

Again, an extremely common WWII German holster maker, and also seen with Party Leader pistols, albeit with a big eagle on the flap and an extrmely hefty price tag.

From the styling and design of the holster, I would agree that this is quite likely a pre-war civilian model holster.
    The design is ultra common among WWII German holsters, especially military. It is commonly referred to as a "breakaway" holster, much used with P38's, Hi Powers, even some Luger holsters though somewhat rare. It differs from the Polizei holsters by being a breakaway holster rather than being pinned just behind the trigger guard. It's the German version of a quick drawn holster.

DRGM means registered trademark and it is bona fide Third Reich, right up to the end.

D.R.G.M. stands for "Deutsches Reiches Gebrauchs Musterschutz" - meaning protected patented design under the Reich Government.
    Here's an AKAH Party Leader holster, $3750;

ORIGINAL AKAH WALTHER PPK PARTY LEADER HOLSTER NICE! - Pre98

Here's a rare AKAH "Thuermann" SS PPK holster, SOLD $2375;

SOLD - RARE Theuermann SS PPk Holster | Legacy Collectibles

Here is the same holster as the one you posted, rather hefty price tag also, I'm surprised although that seller is known for sticking to his high prices. I don't like the button on that holster, looks funny, may have been replaced.

MINT TAN AKAH MADE WALTHER PPK HOLSTER
    Last edited by Larboard; 11-02-2015 at 09:48 PM.