Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this a war relic ?

Article about: I found this canteen in the attic of my grandfathers shed in Newfoundland Canada. He had a Brother with the Royal Newfoundland Regiment in France during WW1. Does anyone know if it would be

Default is this a war relic ?

I found this canteen in the attic of my grandfathers shed in Newfoundland Canada. He had a Brother with the Royal Newfoundland Regiment in France during WW1. Does anyone know if it would be from that era?

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this a war relic ?   is this a war relic ?  

is this a war relic ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this a war relic ?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Brian.

Good job coming here for advice. Someone with a bit more knowledge than me will surely be by in a short while with an answer for you.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael

I believe it's a WWI German Medic's Canteen...do the buttons on the side have this type of snap?
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this a war relic ?  

Thanks Glenn

Unfortunately, although similar, there is too much corrosion on the snaps to be able to tell for certain.

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this a war relic ?   is this a war relic ?  

?

Sometimes alittle spit on your finger and some VERY light rubbing on the metal will leave the deepest spots darker, so if you are quick you can sometimes see traces of original stamps and so on.

This is a Czech canteen.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes Czech Army water bottle

What era would thie be?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast