Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --

Article about: Doesn't appear to be much activity in the Kanister thread so I thought I'd post this unit marked Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister in a thread of its own --- would love input and comments and if

Default Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --

Doesn't appear to be much activity in the Kanister thread so I thought I'd post this unit marked Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister in a thread of its own --- would love input and comments and if you have unit marked examples of your own please share... nothing I love more than provable unit connections... so, if you have em, please share em here!

This one was found here in Norway and is 1942 dated. The stenciled period inscription reads "EINHEIT 43592", which I deem to be the unit's FP number. Interestingly this corresponds to a Panzer unit, Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen being one of its incarnations, full FP number info below. Largely untouched, lightly wiped down --- nothing more.

Feldpostnummer 43592
    (30.7.1941-28.2.1942) 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung 214,
    (12.3.1943-7.9.1943) 2.Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 9,
    (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 27.10.1943 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen,
    (23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 4.7.1944 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung 2103,
    (23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 14.8.1944 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung (Panther) 2103,
    am 16.8.1944 gestrichen.
    Hope you like it, if you have other unit marked examples, please share!

Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Kraftstoff kanister Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen --
    P
    Many

Nice item, well done

?

Thats a good one mate , tying it to such a unit must make it quite rare !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Thats a good one mate , tying it to such a unit must make it quite rare !
    Indeed it does. I've seen / handled many over the years...and it is probably one of only several I have encountered with such a detail. See the Kanisters thread, I believe there is at least one marked in such a manner.

Also of note with the example shown above...and again, quite unusual...is the batch number - the digit marked above Wehrmacht. In this instance, it is number "1", i.e. this piece came from the very first batch of this type of can made in that particular factory. The manufacturer was Metallwerk Max Brose und co. of Coburg, located in northern Bavaria. They were one of the major manufacturers of the cans. In 1943, the manufacturer started, along with another major manufacturer, to delete the name of the city on the exterior of the cans - patently to hide the location of the production facility from Allied bombers which by then, were incresingly dominant in the skies above Germany.

You've found a fine, interesting example, well done.

Carl

p.s. Here is link you may well have already seen - this website is an absolute must if you want information related to the Kanisters of the Wehrmacht:

jerrycan

Thank you, guys! Yes, happy I waited getting one that actually had something special --- I just love the Panzer connection coupled with Norwegian ww2 history here! Seems unit marked canisters in general are rather scarce on the market, no? I remember seeing a few Normandie related ones on here but not sure where that thread is... other than that I don't believe I have seen many.

Now I need to find myself a nice named and FP numbered gasmask set --- haven't found the right one just yet...

Missed your info first time around, Carl --- appreciate it all very much! Very interesting, nice to see that there are even more unusual features to this one... will check out that link, definitely! As always, as with any other field, lots to learn from what may at first glance (and to most) be a common and rather mundane piece of equipment...

Does anyone recall a unit marked Normandie canister along with other camouflaged/unit marked equipment being posted on here? I seem to recall that it was all posted by a French member specializing in Normandie items or something... would be nice to revisit, can't seem to find the thread...