Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?

Article about: Hello again Dan, They all wrote 70 cl perhaps because they just took the info from another book written by someone who has never tried to test the capacity. I tried for both canteens (80 cl

Hello again Dan,
    They all wrote 70 cl perhaps because they just took the info from another book written by someone who has never tried to test the capacity. I tried for both canteens (80 cl and 1 L) and for both messkits (M1910 and M1931)....

I have always been surprised that the german army never really increased the capacity of this canteen after WWI (or replaced it). At the end of WWI, many german soldiers were issued with TWO 80 cl canteens as the high command finally realized that thirst was a major problem for the soldier in combat...
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello again Dan,
    They all wrote 70 cl perhaps because they just took the info from another book written by someone who has never tried to test the capacity. I tried for both canteens (80 cl and 1 L) and for both messkits (M1910 and M1931)....

I have always been surprised that the german army never really increased the capacity of this canteen after WWI (or replaced it). At the end of WWI, many german soldiers were issued with TWO 80 cl canteens as the high command finally realized that thirst was a major problem for the soldier in combat...
    Thanks
    Very good - I will read all about them when your book arrives from Amazon ....

Cheers, Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12