Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?

Article about: Hello again Dan, They all wrote 70 cl perhaps because they just took the info from another book written by someone who has never tried to test the capacity. I tried for both canteens (80 cl

Default Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?

Hi

Whose water bottle? Or is the original 100%? How much might be worth?
    signed 41
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?  Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?  Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?  Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?  Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?  Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht lub Gebirgsjäger waterbottle?
    P
    Many

Nice original larger bottle referred to as GJ should be a maker mark and maybe a date on the outside of the neck like MN42 etc. Straps are the kind usually found mid to later war nice bottle I have a lot of canteens but the trick is to find a cup for it I would think with that one I'd go with a bakelite one. I have one like it I am working on need straps, cap and cup. So many of the darn things are incomplete when you find them yours is ok. Nice find timothy

Thanks a lot. Water bottle signed MN 41, which is everything ok? How much could be worth?

Yes good bottle I am not much on prices bought one without cup like yours about two years ago for fifty US Dollars in a shop in Missouri. Nice earlier war canteen. timothy

I agree with all my collector colleague Timothy says - it is a good 1ltr canteen ( as opposed to the smaller 0.7L ones ) These have the added felt reinforcing ring being 30% heavier ( if full of course ) I would only add that try to buy as complete a unit as you can because by the time you find and purchase the missing parts you could end up spending more ( both time AND dollars ) and they never quite match correctly ( which is so frustrating )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A standard 1 liter canteen - not necessarily GJ. With a rough cover like this and worn leather I would expect a value under 100 US dollars - maybe 60 or so. NH

Sorry for the bump the thread. How to soften skin? Lanolin?

I usually don't mess with mine unless brittle most tell me pecard leather dressing is safe I may not be spelling it right I have had good results with it isn't cheap but worth it IMO. timothy

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ( as opposed to the smaller 0.7L ones )

Hello Dan,
    the regular type canteen is 80 cl, not 70.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Dan,
    the regular type canteen is 80 cl, not 70.
    Thanks
    Thanks for clearing that up JP - there are a lot of publications I have seen that list them at 0.7L
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast