Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?

Article about: Hi to everybody, I wanted to know what you think of it of this bag. It seems for German mountain troops. It seems me that there are no marks. The color in some points is very faded. Thanks t

Default Wehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?

Hi to everybody, I wanted to know what you think of it of this bag. It seems for German mountain troops. It seems me that there are no marks. The color in some points is very faded. Thanks to whom will want to help meWehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?Wehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?Wehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?Wehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?
    P
    Many

Hi friends, can nobody tell me nothing on this backpack?
    Possible that is a model of end war?

Hello,
    It is not a Gebirgstruppen Rucksack, neither early nor late war....from my experience i would say that this backpack is postwar made with some military leftovers...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi, I thank you for your answer.
    I am not an expert of German material, mine strong they are the blades and the decorations and Italian medals WW2....
    However I have a discreet experience that makes me say that it doesn't deal with a backpack reassembled in handicraft way. The thing seems me strange because the seams and the manufacture it is ok. The only ugly seam is to the right that that he/she is seen in the photo in low, that it is without doubt a reparation. Do you have other ideas? does thing think of it of this table?
    To me it seems that the backpack is very similar to mine.
    ThanksWehrmacht Rucksack Mountai Troops...correct identification?

Hello,
    This Rucksack does not correspond to any production for the WWII Gebirgstruppen, i'm sorry to say, i would rather say that it's a rare late war production for these troops, but infortunately that's not the case. By the way, you should look more closely the references that you're using to help you in your collecting. If the book you're showing here comes from a great serie of books (i do own around 100 of them), they also feature some great mistakes...A drawing does not make the reality...even if well made.
    There are mistakes in the page of drawings that you're showing in this thread...

The manufacture and the seams are ok, i guess, because those who produced the postwar Rucksacken were the same who produced them during wartime...as simple as that and that's the same for ankle boots, Zeltbahnen..etc...and many of these producers were also in activity before the war for the civilian market, especially for mountain stuff.

If the soldier in the drawing had your Rucksack on his back, he would be highly annoyed that he was issued with a Sturmgewehr and ammo pouches as the carrying straps of the Rucksack are meant to retain the Rucksack only, and not the belt with both ammo pouches that weight a ton + the Brotbeutel, the canteen, a bayonet and maybe a shovel..etc....no way......but in the drawing, the guy carries instead a Rucksack with front strap that retain the ammo pouches...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Well I thank you...the tables that I have posted don't originate from a specific book but I have found her in the sea magnum of the net....
    Do you think that it is DDR?

Hello,
    If i'm not mistaking, the page you posted might come from an Osprey book...as said, they're rather good but sometimes they contain mistakes.
    To me, your example should be a postwar mountain Rucksack for the civilian market, partially produced with some military leftovers.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

I'm inclined to agree this may be a civilian model that was repaired. The lack of an RB number or manufacturer info makes me think this is not military. The D-Ring at top might have had a manufacturer log at one time like Tauern Sack. NH

I thank all intervene ones him....I have checked ri, unfortunately I don't see any mark or stamp in all the parts of the backpack.
    Must accept that deals with production war post! Sob