Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is This?

Article about: The only ID marks it has is 25 on the end of the cloth, it feels almost like nylon, but it could be silk? Any thoughts? It was in with the rest of the estate that I bought from a Vet. Thanks

Default What is This?

What is This?What is This?

The only ID marks it has is 25 on the end of the cloth, it feels almost like nylon, but it could be silk? Any thoughts? It was in with the rest of the estate that I bought from a Vet.

Thanks TK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is This?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is This?

Piece of a parachute.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Piece of a parachute.
    Really WOW any idea if its German or not? It was in the estate I bought from a Vet.

Thanks Feuerbach

?

It might help if you knew something about the vet, ie what unit, division, infantry, airborne etc, i would say that it was used as a cravat, quite common among some soldiers to use parachute pieces

Quote by davejb View Post
    It might help if you knew something about the vet, ie what unit, division, infantry, airborne etc, i would say that it was used as a cravat, quite common among some soldiers to use parachute pieces
    Thanks I know he was infantry and possibly a driver, he was PFC. With all the information that I have on him I don't think he was airborne. I just have a combination of alot of different items that he brought back. If you search my posts I list some of them.

Thanks TK

It is indeed part of a German 'chute.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks again Ade!

TK