Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

what exactly is this?

Article about: Hi everyone, sorry for the poor pic, this item isnt mine. Any ideas to what it actually is? kind regards

Default what exactly is this?

Hi everyone, sorry for the poor pic, this item isnt mine.
    Any ideas to what it actually is?
    kind regards

what exactly is this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what exactly is this?
    P
    Many

Don't know for sure exactly what it is but I would interpret the German marking "Wirkungsbereich bei Zielhohe 3000 und 5000m" as "Scope of operation at 3000 - 5000 metres". The rings seem to be graduated at particular intervals upto 5000m. The scale line or graticule to the left is marked kilometers and there seems to be a scale of 1:100000 marked at the top. So, my guess is that this associated with anti-aicraft ranging / weapon sighting. Mabe it is a manual aid to calculation or part of another equipment. As I say, that's a best guess opinion.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Given the "Heavy 150cm" marking, something to do with that gun.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!