Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What kind of feldflasche is this?

Article about: Dear Community! I bought this German feldflasche or fieldbottle today at a Market. It was very cheap - about 5 Euro, so it was no question that it comes or not with me home On the screwcap t

?

Default What kind of feldflasche is this?

Dear Community!

I bought this German feldflasche or fieldbottle today at a Market. It was very cheap - about 5 Euro, so it was no question that it comes or not with me home

On the screwcap there's a name scratched "Otto". At my first look, it's very-very similar to my early Hitlerjugend feldflasche:
    -The bottle's sizes of both are equal
    -The screwcap is the same
    -The carabiners are the same (this one has green paint)
    -The chain style is the same, except the HJ's is a bit bigger and thicker

It has 3 "PRYM" dark-brown colored buttons, and the color of the filz is dark grey or graphite. It hasn't any leather straps at all like the military models have.

My question is:
    -Is it a Civil or a Military model, if yes what kind? (Btw, I think it's a civil one but not sure).
    -Is it wartime or postwar?

Looking forward for any help and suggestions.

More picture: Postimage.org / gallery - Kulacs 001, Kulacs 002, Kulacs 003, Kulacs 004, Kulacs 005, Kulacs 006
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kulacs 010.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	883944  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Nobody knows? Any ideas?

It does not exhibit details consistent with HJ or Political canteens. There are similarities but several details that are not German - the steel sleeve around the neck and no external leather strap for example. I will hazard a guess and attribute it to some other European country - Sweden or Switzerland perhaps? NH

The Steel Sleeve indicates Bulgarian Issue...I've got one myself...Need better photos of the cover and snaps!!
    Glenn

...and here is a Bulgarian canteen on ebay. Glenn nailed it. Nicely done. NH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bul57.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	885000

?

The people who I bought from, they bringed it from Austria or Germany, that's 1000%. And yes, it has some similarities: Prym buttons, the screw cap, chain, carabiner, and it's size is the same with my early HJ. I don't think so it would be Bulgarian for some reason. Maybe it's a post war made civil or tourist piece with Prym buttons?

?

That's not exactly is. The screw cap is different, the chain also, and it has brown filz, mine has dark grey and 3 buttons not 4 as I see on the picture.

Glenn, here you can find more good photos of the canteen: Postimage.org / gallery - Kulacs 001, Kulacs 002, Kulacs 003, Kulacs 004, Kulacs 005, Kulacs 006

I stand corrected...Here is my example...it's a late war medical canteen...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canteen2.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	885009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canteen.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	885010  

Attached Images Attached Images  

?

Btw, when i remove the filz from the bottle, on the bottle I can see the 3 buttons "place" on the material of the canteen. So i suggest think it's cover is it's original. Hope you understand me Above i linked photos for you.

I have both examples to compare...Notice both the similarities and the differences...

cheers, Glenn

Name:	Picture 480.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	885035  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast