Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What kind of feldflasche is this?

Article about: Dear Community! I bought this German feldflasche or fieldbottle today at a Market. It was very cheap - about 5 Euro, so it was no question that it comes or not with me home On the screwcap t

?

Default What kind of feldflasche is this?

Dear Community!

I bought this German feldflasche or fieldbottle today at a Market. It was very cheap - about 5 Euro, so it was no question that it comes or not with me home

On the screwcap there's a name scratched "Otto". At my first look, it's very-very similar to my early Hitlerjugend feldflasche:
    -The bottle's sizes of both are equal
    -The screwcap is the same
    -The carabiners are the same (this one has green paint)
    -The chain style is the same, except the HJ's is a bit bigger and thicker

It has 3 "PRYM" dark-brown colored buttons, and the color of the filz is dark grey or graphite. It hasn't any leather straps at all like the military models have.

My question is:
    -Is it a Civil or a Military model, if yes what kind? (Btw, I think it's a civil one but not sure).
    -Is it wartime or postwar?

Looking forward for any help and suggestions.

More picture: Postimage.org / gallery - Kulacs 001, Kulacs 002, Kulacs 003, Kulacs 004, Kulacs 005, Kulacs 006
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of feldflasche is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of feldflasche is this?
    P
    Many

?

Nobody knows? Any ideas?

It does not exhibit details consistent with HJ or Political canteens. There are similarities but several details that are not German - the steel sleeve around the neck and no external leather strap for example. I will hazard a guess and attribute it to some other European country - Sweden or Switzerland perhaps? NH

The Steel Sleeve indicates Bulgarian Issue...I've got one myself...Need better photos of the cover and snaps!!
    Glenn

...and here is a Bulgarian canteen on ebay. Glenn nailed it. Nicely done. NH

What kind of feldflasche is this?

?

The people who I bought from, they bringed it from Austria or Germany, that's 1000%. And yes, it has some similarities: Prym buttons, the screw cap, chain, carabiner, and it's size is the same with my early HJ. I don't think so it would be Bulgarian for some reason. Maybe it's a post war made civil or tourist piece with Prym buttons?

?

That's not exactly is. The screw cap is different, the chain also, and it has brown filz, mine has dark grey and 3 buttons not 4 as I see on the picture.

Glenn, here you can find more good photos of the canteen: Postimage.org / gallery - Kulacs 001, Kulacs 002, Kulacs 003, Kulacs 004, Kulacs 005, Kulacs 006

I stand corrected...Here is my example...it's a late war medical canteen...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of feldflasche is this?   What kind of feldflasche is this?  

Attached Images Attached Images What kind of feldflasche is this? 

?

Btw, when i remove the filz from the bottle, on the bottle I can see the 3 buttons "place" on the material of the canteen. So i suggest think it's cover is it's original. Hope you understand me Above i linked photos for you.

I have both examples to compare...Notice both the similarities and the differences...

cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of feldflasche is this?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast