Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Who used the SS-TV Marked cartridges?

Article about: Don't laugh, because although it seems obvious, I would like to be sure. So I found a place that has a few SS-TV Marked casings for sale, and before I buy one, I'd like to know who used them

Default Who used the SS-TV Marked cartridges?

Don't laugh, because although it seems obvious, I would like to be sure.

So I found a place that has a few SS-TV Marked casings for sale, and before I buy one, I'd like to know who used them. Was it the Waffen SS like I think, or did the Einsatzgruppen/EinsatzKommandos use them too?

While I'm on the subject of these things, were SS-TV Marked casings shipped to the Western Theater, the Eastern Theater, or both?

Like I said, don't laugh. I know diddly squat about ammo, other than the ammo that goes into my hunting rifles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who used the SS-TV Marked cartridges?
    P
    Many

If you don't take all of the casings, could you let me know where I can find one?

Here's a good thread: SS-Marked Shell Casing

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    If you don't take all of the casings, could you let me know where I can find one?

Sure, I'll let you know, thanks for the link!

I believe a lot of SS ammunition ended up in the hands of the Wehrmacht, and vice versa, as the war progressed. Ammunition was ammunition, and it would be used by whoever it ended up with, whenever it turned up. They weren't picky, especially as the war turned against Germany later on. SS markings do not necessarily indicate those cartridges ended up in the hands of SS units, but it is a possibility.

The SS-marked cartridges came about because prior to the war, the SS was not considered part of the Armed Forces, and so did not fall under the supply umbrella for munitions. They had to take out private contracts to fulfill requirements, with DWM (Deutsche Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken) being the main contractor. Most you'll see will be marked 'DWM', and dated either to 1938 or 1939. With the founding of the Waffen-SS in April 1940, the SS came under the supply umbrella for the Armed Forces, and were able to draw ammunition from the same sources as the Army.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by captain20052019 View Post

World War Relics Catalog

I bought one this morning as well as an NSDAP badge. Both should be here next week.