Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin

Article about: Gday All, Lucky pick up on ebay, AU\\$15.... No markings present....would these be Kradschutz, pilot or just dust goggles??.. Thanking you

?

Default Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin

Gday All,

Lucky pick up on ebay, AU$15....

No markings present....would these be Kradschutz, pilot or just dust goggles??..

Thanking you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin   Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin  

Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin   Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin
    P
    Many

?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have an identical pair of goggles that my parents bought at an auction years ago. When I was a kid, I wore them once as part of a Halloween costume of a WWII pilot. Does anyone possibly have some information on them? Are they even German?

?

Well, they are German at least! Here's a pair I found with an ink stamp:

Vintage Original WWII German Goggles in Original Tin Case World War Two | eBay

Windschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tinWindschutzbrille.......Goggles in a tin

I too have a set of these but was told years ago they are not German. It would be easy enough to add a stamp to make these appear to be German. Do I see a stamp on the strap as well? NH

Shape of the box and goggle's look French to me. I have a pair the same here somewhere, and those are French. Or did the German use the French goggle's for their own troops after the surrender?

Why does this pair have a WaffenAmt number associated with a Polish weapons manufacture? NH

?

The stamp certainly could be a fake. I've found a few more of these online, described variously as Swiss, French and Gebirgsjäger.

The stamps are bogus - pretty sure of that. NH

Well interesting I know I have had a pair like them and you can find plenty of period pictures of GJ (Mountain troops German) wearing this type version. I know Bunker Militaria sells them as original German and Clay is downright good on his products he gets out of Germany and honest. I agree I have never seen a Waa on them or can strange? These goggles get a little bit like German ET or susposed to be German many variants and manf and foreign countries made them similar. I have also been told these goggles are Swiss, but the Swiss ones I have seen are similar but not quite the same. I wish someone would write a book on goggles and ID them and the Entrenching tools too. timothy