Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

Article about: Hi Slowly but surely getting through the cataloging of the field gear collection...............don't wait 30 years before you start is my only advice to new collectors ! Just doing the photo

Default Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

Hi

Slowly but surely getting through the cataloging of the field gear collection...............don't wait 30 years before you start is my only advice to new collectors !

Just doing the photos takes time but it's nice to be able to share them. Hopefully they will be of help.

Here is some shots of the googles to start with and I can expand on each individually as I get time over the next couple of days.

cheers

tony

Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collectionWindschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collectionWindschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

Great selection, look forward to the individual pics, especially the last one posted. Is that a reflection showing in the lens?

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection 

Yes that's me with camera in hand ! I look like an alien, hang on I am an ................

Cool Re: Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

A small introduction...these goggles were issued to and used by motorised personnel as protection against the wind and dust.
    Several styles were in use during the war and had adjustable headbands. They also came with different lenses both clear and tinted, for protection against bright sunlight. They came issued in different ways, inside cardboard boxes, in metal tins and also canvas bags and leather cases. This list is of course not complete and the above is a generalisation as there are many different styles and variations out there. Please add them to the thread if you have them !

First up:

This model has round plastic lenses in a soft rubber frame. The lenses came with either red, clear or dark lenses and were issued in a cloth carrying bag. There are some great shots of U boat boys wearing these as they enabled the crew to adjust their eyes to darkness.

Next:

These came in a metal tin and are dated 1940. they have two separate rubber sections.

Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collectionWindschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collectionWindschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collectionWindschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

This style came in a leatherette case and have round lenses in a leather frame.

Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collectionWindschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

Cardboard box issue. Contains goggles and two sets of spare clear lenses.

Windschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collectionWindschutzbrillen: Wind protection goggles collection

Final set are sunglasses in a metal case

cheers

tony

Very nice items Tony, not often seen

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

G43
    ?

Interesting collection, very nice items!