Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?

Article about: More Pictures!

Default Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?

Another item I need help on deciding if it is fake or not. Sorry I keep posting these but I dislike being screwed. Haha. Well please take a look.
    Attached Images Attached Images Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?

All looks fine to me - just reconnect that dislodged catch and all's well!
    The spare lens tin & sewn on name tag is period and a nice personal addition ( I have a similar one on a zeltbahn )
    Cheers, Dan

All is good with this as far as I know 'fakes' of these arent actually made, but I have seen post war masks (GM54) trying to be German war time masks.
    Very nice to see it marked

Thanks

Danny

?

They are reproducing the cannisters, I've seen them for $79.95. They don't have straps, mask or the inside compartment for the spare lens.

Mike

Looks fine to me, sadly I swapped mine, including can, for a cap gun Luger in the school playground about 49 years ago. It was brought back by my Dad and I've never really forgiven myself!
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Hey Navyman,
    A capgun luger like this? Looks like I did a similar thing 1/2 a world away - but mine was swapped for a lee Enfield bayonet my pop left me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  

Hello Danmark,
    Well, what a surprise, I never expected to see one of those again. It's exactly the same as the one I used to have, how I wish I'd kept it, all those memories of schooldays!
    If you would like to sell it please put me at the top of the list?
    Ah, nostalgia!
    All best,
    navyman.

Hello,
    the set looks legit so far, but the long strap, the cloth and spider are missing and the closure spring is damaged. The same name of the mask and filter is a plus...is it written also on the canister ?
    it should be a M38 canister, M30 gasmask and FE41 filter (what's the lenght of the canister as it could be also a M36, which is shorter).
    If the canister is stamped with a D at the bottom, it means that it was produced after 1940 (roughly, the official text is from 1941 but manufacturers started earlier)...if there's no D, it means produced before (between 1938 and 1940).

There should be markings and dates all over the place : on the mask itself, on the canister spare lenses box, on the closure spring....

Could you post a detailed pic of the item below..thanks
    if it is what i think it could be....it could be a good surprise for you..
    Attached Images Attached Images Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE? 

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The cloth is present the seller didn't provide a picture of it. I recieved it today and it does in fact have a D on the bottom of the canister. The Mask is dated April, 1944. The spare lens are dated 1942. I think its a different set since well... the dates are different. What is the closure spring eh? Not too up to date on gasmask lingo/part names. Haha.

Pictures!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?   Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  

Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?   Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  

Wonderful Gasmask or a FAKE?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast