Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Wooden Losantin tablet box

Article about: This is another of those unusual items, its a wooden Losantin tablet box. I guess it would have originally contained the bakelite cases with the tablets in which were given to each soldier.

Default Wooden Losantin tablet box

This is another of those unusual items, its a wooden Losantin tablet box. I guess it would have originally contained the bakelite cases with the tablets in which were given to each soldier. Has anyone else seen a box like this before?
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wooden Losantin tablet box   Wooden Losantin tablet box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wooden Losantin tablet box
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wooden Losantin tablet box

No but I LIKE it! ....... I have a lot of those little boxes and theyre cheap & you can still find ones with the labels intact.
    Methinks I might start a Losantin thread???

Dan

?

G'day!!

I have seen one of these boxes....I believe the containers came in a cardboard box of 40, and this wooden crate would have contained a number of cardboard boxes...

?

Losantin is an Eintgiftungmittel. Does mean that this box had contained the tablets of the Losantin. Losantin had been used as well for the gas masks as for the cleaning of the skin, clothes, or water. Further, it use the NATO in the military for decontamination of chemical and biological warfare agents.
    Regards
    Gary

I've not seen a large box like that, but I love it. The dovetail joints in the corners are splendid. Weird how the metal handle on the lid rusted like that and the wood looks normal. Must have been kept in a humid but not wet area. Thanks for showing.

Jay

katoncsi
    ?

The Germans used Losantin to bleach out their field caps in the desert. Crushed up then made into a paste to be smeared on. Tablets came in gauze sacks I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wooden Losantin tablet box  

Not seen the wooden box before but it is nice timothy

I think they taste funny.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.