Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WÜrgezange fÜr sprengkapseln.

Article about: Hi This tool have been in my grandparents basment for as long as I can remember. I never knew what it was and newer payed attention. Until I noticed it had some markings. After cleaning of t

BMF
    ?

Default WÜrgezange fÜr sprengkapseln.

Hi

This tool have been in my grandparents basment for as long as I can remember. I never knew what it was and newer payed attention. Until I noticed it had some markings. After cleaning of the rust I saw it was WaA stamped. I have since found out what it is. It's a tool to make a crimp on detonators so the fuse will sit tight.
    The box was full of sawdust and detonators (wich I got rid of, I had to get rid of some old dynamite as well). The box is german, but is it WW2? I have a couple of similar boxes too, just of norwegian manufacture.When I was in the army in '94 - '95, we had these lections with explosives. The detonators we used were german from ww2. They were in a wooden block with holes drilled for the detonators. The lid were in a dowtail and could be slided open. The ammunitionsofficer told us they had tens of thousands of these in storage, and as long as they were kept dry, they were as good as new.
    The plyers we used to make the crimp looked like an ordinary plyer, and we had to hold it behind our backs when we squised it, so an eventual explosion wouldn't hurt our eyes. The german tool is much better, because it fully encloses the detonator in the moment you squise it. No splinters. I have since seen a few of these, but they have been painted olive green by the norwegian army. Mine is mostly in bare metal, with some remains of black paint.

P.S: Can somebody tell about the markings?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WÜrgezange fÜr sprengkapseln.   WÜrgezange fÜr sprengkapseln.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WÜrgezange fÜr sprengkapseln.
    P
    Many