Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?

Article about: Hi The seller ask US\\$100 for this cover.He stand behind it as an authentic WW1 German made that can be used for K98.However there is no marker on it. Any opinion?thanks a lot!

Default Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?

Hi
    The seller ask US$100 for this cover.He stand behind it as an authentic WW1 German made that can be used for K98.However there is no marker on it.

Any opinion?thanks a lot!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?   Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?  

Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?   Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?  

Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?
    P
    Many

reich1900
    ?

Default Re: Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?

I had one of these and there not German or WW1. I believe it's from Brazil and worth about $30.

Hi reich1900
    Thanks for your information.Is the one you have also for K98 or just another similar one?
    Kevin

reich1900
    ?

Kevin, I don't have it anymore. I sold it because I only collect WW2 K98 items. It does fit a K98 however but it's for the export Mauser that was sold to Brazil.

Quote by reich1900 View Post
    Kevin, I don't have it anymore. I sold it because I only collect WW2 K98 items. It does fit a K98 however but it's for the export Mauser that was sold to Brazil.
    Thanks a lot,reich1900.
    I found some pics on internet.It shows there are some markers on it.It seems like there must be some markers on it if it's the real authentic war-period cover,isn't it?
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?   Ww1 german rifle leather breech cover?  

reich1900
    ?

Kevin, I don't believe that Brazil fought in WW1 or WW2. I don't think these cover ever saw any combat but are marked for what ever official orginzation to whom the gun was assigned. Still nice to have. I only collect German WW1 & WW2 items.

Hi reich1900
    Thanks for your kind help but the seller insist $100 is finial price.It's much more than $30 as you mentioned.I am not sure it worth that much now??
    Kevin

Quote by reich1900 View Post
    Kevin, I don't believe that Brazil fought in WW1 or WW2. I don't think these cover ever saw any combat but are marked for what ever official orginzation to whom the gun was assigned. Still nice to have. I only collect German WW1 & WW2 items.
    Brazil was an Allied power. Brazilian Soldiers fought in Italy in WW2. But they were kitted out with US gear.

Repro covers can be seen here:

German Mauser Leather Action Cover: WWI - International Military Antiques

Cheers, Ade.

reich1900
    ?

Kevin I wouldn't pay $100 for one. I have seen them for sale at gunshows, web sites and even ebay.