Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 era German skis

Article about: Recently found a pair of wooden skis in the attic. Got to looking at them and noticed that below the metal area where you put your boot, it is stamped with the eagle grasping the swastika sy

?

Default WW2 era German skis

Recently found a pair of wooden skis in the attic. Got to looking at them and noticed that below the metal area where you put your boot, it is stamped with the eagle grasping the swastika symbol. Below that is a code that appears to either say Mcnn 4, or Mann 4 cant tell. Also underneath that is the serial number 29382. The skis are made by Dolomit. Just wondering if anyone could tell me more information about these skis? I have attached some pictures, sorry for the low quality
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 era German skis   WW2 era German skis  

WW2 era German skis   WW2 era German skis  

WW2 era German skis  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 era German skis
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW2 era German skis

I have seen one pair of German army skis...and they look very similar to these...
    The eagle and swastika stamps are called "Waffenampts"...it's a stamp you would probaly find on every peice of second wold war German equipment...it's basically an inspection and acceptance into service stamp, the numbers underneath would identify the individual inspector....naval equipment would have a similar stamp with "M" underneath for "Marine"
    Comparing the ones I got a look at to these, I would think these are very nice WW2 German skis, a lot of thm were used by Finland post war, and we're marked with Finnish markings...these appear to be untampered with!
    Well done on finding them!!!

?

Great! Thank you for all your help it is much appreciated!

?

They are nice! There's a pair on ebay right now..

?

I'm glad I could help in some way!! What are these going for nowadays??

?

Im not sure, id like to find out somehow. The pair on ebay was around $80 US, but they were not the exact same.

CBH
    ?

They look good , Army issue skis came in either natural wood (like yours) or white with green stripes running half or full lenght . Nice item , something I always look for when I see old wooden skis .

Quote by CBH View Post
    They look good , Army issue skis came in either natural wood (like yours) or white with green stripes running half or full lenght . Nice item , something I always look for when I see old wooden skis .

Hello,
    not very specialized about skis, but i was told that natural wood ones were early while white painted (with green stripe) ones were middle/late war. Like you i always check when i see wooden skis. My pair comes from a restaurant where decoration was for sale. They were fixed to a wall...and i bought them from the restaurant owner for 40 euros...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)