Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?

Article about: Hi Guys! Just found this backpack, what kind of backpack is this? Never shaw like this before, how it common? Thank you

Default Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?

Hi Guys!

Just found this backpack, what kind of backpack is this? Never shaw like this before, how it common?

Thank you
    Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 German back pack (tornister)?
    P
    Many

Appears to be a signals pack to me, minus the number (1-3) love the amount of fur on it!

Here's my rubbish one (still love it) No.3 with a replacement lock strap for comparison.

?

hello more information here : Fernmeldetornister - der-Fernmelder.de

Good basic info posted above. The context is that these were issued to small phone squads or Kleinerfernsprechtrupp. The four man team had 3 numbered Tornisters with phone cable and tools. Often, as is in the case here, they are missing the internal shelves to house the 17.5 cm reels. I assume this was a post war modification to make them handy as a simple pack. They are not particularly rare (I have 7) but are interesting items nonetheless. If you wish more information please let me know. Neil