Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 german combatant backsack

Article about: Goodmorning guys. I have been offered this ww2 german combatant backsack. As always,i would appreciate your advice. Is this original and combatant or only for parades????

Default ww2 german combatant backsack

Goodmorning guys. I have been offered this ww2 german combatant backsack. As always,i would appreciate your advice. Is this original and combatant or only for parades????ww2 german combatant backsackww2 german combatant backsackww2 german combatant backsackww2 german combatant backsackww2 german combatant backsack

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 german combatant backsack
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww2 german combatant backsack

Too sloppy for parades IMO .....LOL. Looks a wartime one ( should be a date on the leather piece at the top where the straps afix ) that replaced the M39 'Affe' Tornister ( the pony hide backpack )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

thanks dan

It looks like mountain troop backpack or possibly para-military.

Perhaps a late model, in Alsace we find such bags. They are simple with perhaps the rbnr on the upper back on the web part.

?

Here is an interesting photo from my collection of this style of pack in use in the field notice the Zeltbahns and mess tins attached to the packs .
    As well as a few images of my own pack for comparison there were different variations of this pack manufactured for the Wehrmacht and I do believe there was a larger variation manufactured for Gebirgsjäger units notice mine has no leather shoulder straps attached as is set up to be used with Koppeltragegestell für Infanterie (Y-straps).

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 german combatant backsack   ww2 german combatant backsack  

ww2 german combatant backsack   ww2 german combatant backsack  

Yes...it's 1000% original...even by the fuzzy pictures!
    Mark...have you noticed how they put pieces of internal suspenders for the early tunics to good use on your rucksack?
    Cheers

?

Hey Lou you have a good eye pieces from the internal suspenders were used on this pack for the strapping for the D rings as well as the reinforcing material on the back of the pack .

Regards Mark K

you are all awesome,thanks again for the help