Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german gas mask & canister?

Article about: Hi Gents Please have a look on this mask set.It might be WWII German made one.But seems not used by regular army.thanks

Default Ww2 german gas mask & canister?

Hi Gents
    Please have a look on this mask set.It might be WWII German made one.But seems not used by regular army.thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german gas mask & canister?   Ww2 german gas mask & canister?  

Ww2 german gas mask & canister?   Ww2 german gas mask & canister?  

Ww2 german gas mask & canister?   Ww2 german gas mask & canister?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german gas mask & canister?
    P
    Many

Default re: Ww2 german gas mask & canister?

It is German and 1930's/wartime but is civil defence issue.

Cheers, Ade.

Default re: Ww2 german gas mask & canister?

Hello,
    As mentioned on the lid of the canister, this set was meant for the Luftschutz
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Default Re: Ww2 german gas mask & canister?

Dear Ade & Philip
    Thanks a lot for your kind help,How much does it worth if I want to sell them?
    thanks again.

hi folks this is my german gasmask would this be luftschutz also it looks similar to kevins although the tin looks more squat the filter has cmt in bold letters on it ,thanks jamesWw2 german gas mask & canister?

James, the mask that you have there appears to be a Spanish gas mask mask, more specifically a Draeger Blanco mask. As with quite a few pieces of Spanish equipment, it is a copy of its German counterpart and is quite similar hence the reason why they can sometimes be confused

Thanks

Danny

hi danny thanks for the info if any one knows about gasmasks it must be you ,there are no markings on the mask apart from a 6 digit number in ink also the lenses have dagsa interior written on the edge ? also the filter says cmp not cmt like i said earlier Draeger sounds german were the masks built under licence in spain ?,any link to more information appreciated thanks james

Theres quite a few people on here that know quite a bit about this fairly odd subject, the area I covered was very specific however I do have some knowledge of other areas such as this The markings you describe, "DAGSA" and "CMP" confirm that the mask is Spanish, and you're correct, Draeger is in fact German and I do believe that the masks were manufactured under licence in Spain, if you check out this website there will more than likely be some addition information that could be useful, you'll need a language translator though

Start01

Thanks

Danny

thanks for the link danny most kind , i typed in dagsa on the web and it came up defensa anti gas sa mentioning spain , i must admit im kind of dissapointed now as i thought the mask i have owned for a number of years was of genuine german origin ah well you live and learn james

Sorry for being the bearer of what might be to some bad news, but at least you know now eh? Still a nice item none the less and still very collectable

Nicely displayed collection

Thanks

Danny