Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german gasmasks.

Article about: hi guys,can i get a quick lesson on german gasmasks with some pics please,would like one but dont have a clue on german field gear etc,so basically model types and value if possible just so

Default Ww2 german gasmasks.

hi guys,can i get a quick lesson on german gasmasks with some pics please,would like one but dont have a clue on german field gear etc,so basically model types and value if possible just so im then on the right track,cheers dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german gasmasks.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ww2 german gasmasks.

Hi Dave, just search "gasmasks" within this specific forum: lots of info here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Dave,
    Concerning Gasmasken, there were two types used in the german army : GM30 in rubberized cloth and the GM38 in rubber (black or green).
    They were carried in a canister : M30 (short with high lid), M36 (short with flat lid), M38 (long with flat lid) and M38 post 1940/41 (long, flat lid and dust/waterproofing, marked with the letter "D" at the bottom)...
    Sorry i have no pic on this computer.
    For the prices range, it depends of the condition and who you buy from...always tough to give a price. For a complete set (including factory painted canister and carrying strap), in mint/very good condition, i see no objection to pay more than 100/120 euro, but that's me.....if the canister is camouflaged, prices are higher, much higher...even for a canister alone....
    Post some photos here before your purchase, and we'll try to help you the best we can. As Ade suggested it, do a search for gasmasks here and you'll find some interesting infos...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Dave,
    Concerning Gasmasken, there were two types used in the german army : GM30 in rubberized cloth and the GM38 in rubber (black or green).
    They were carried in a canister : M30 (short with high lid), M36 (short with flat lid), M38 (long with flat lid) and M38 post 1940/41 (long, flat lid and dust/waterproofing, marked with the letter "D" at the bottom)...
    Sorry i have no pic on this computer.
    For the prices range, it depends of the condition and who you buy from...always tough to give a price. For a complete set (including factory painted canister and carrying strap), in mint/very good condition, i see no objection to pay more than 100/120 euro, but that's me.....if the canister is camouflaged, prices are higher, much higher...even for a canister alone....
    Post some photos here before your purchase, and we'll try to help you the best we can. As Ade suggested it, do a search for gasmasks here and you'll find some interesting infos...
    Thanks
    thanks for the info will do some research have noticed the french ones look very similar to german type,and are a lot less on price too,once again thanks,dave

Here is a link to the thread where I show my 2 gas masks. . . hth

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...nister-151610/