Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German MAP CASE RBNr WWII era?

Article about: I just bought this at an estate sale tonight! It came with some pictures and other papers from Germany. I only paid \\$40 for the entire lot, so I am not out alot if this turns out not to be W

Default WWII German MAP CASE RBNr WWII era?

I just bought this at an estate sale tonight! It came with some pictures and other papers from Germany. I only paid $40 for the entire lot, so I am not out alot if this turns out not to be WWII era, but it sure looks like it to me! The only markings I could find, other than the guys name written on the inside flap, are the letters RBNr with the following numbers: 0/0561/0163. Is this WWII era? If not, what is your best guess of the time this was used? It looks identical to alot of the map cases I have seen on the net and forum. Any idea of value? I'm not looking to sell it, just want to know if I got a good deal! Thanks!

Bill
    WWII German MAP CASE RBNr  WWII era?WWII German MAP CASE RBNr  WWII era?WWII German MAP CASE RBNr  WWII era?WWII German MAP CASE RBNr  WWII era?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German MAP CASE RBNr  WWII era?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WWII German MAP CASE RBNr WWII era?

Hi Bill,
    see here-original helmet components

Hi Bill, very nice wartime map case.

You got a very good deal on the price.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade! I was hoping it was WWII era. I had a good feeling about it. The mark reminded me of something else I have...a wooden ammo case. I listed it on the forum, but did not get any replies. It looks like an artillery shell case, but I'm not sure. It has the marking: KMR Nr. 140. Does that sound German or WWII?? I have the thread listed. I posted it a while back. If you can shed some light on that, I would greatly appreciate it! thanks again. This map case will look great on my artillery Colonels uniform that I have!

Bill