MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Zeltbahn M31

Article about: Hello, Just wondering what period this Zeltbahn is from, the manufacturer’s inkstamp is illegible (faded). The Zeltbahn also came with two equipment straps marked "erg 5/42" indica

Default Zeltbahn M31

Hello,

Just wondering what period this Zeltbahn is from, the manufacturer’s inkstamp is illegible (faded).

The Zeltbahn also came with two equipment straps marked "erg 5/42" indicating the manufacture as A Döppert Treibriemenfabrik of Kitzingen in May 1942.

Physical Descripton: The triangular shaped shelter, measures roughly, 8' 1", at the base edge and, 7' 1", at the side edges with a central, vertical, machine stitched seam. The shelter has a roughly, 12 1/2" long, dual layered, flapped, open slash to the center, allowing it to be slipped over the head for wear as a poncho. The shelter retains forty-five of it’s original sixty-two, magnetic sheet metal, dish buttons and most appear to have their original stitching. The buttons were positioned on the edges of the shelter with corresponding button holes allowing it to be buttoned together with other shelters to form assorted sized tents. The shelter has two, small and one, large alloy grommet to each of the base edge corners, and one larger grommet to the peak. The shelter also has a small tear near the center of the base edge where an additional small grommet is usually found.

Just wondering if it would be correct to assume 1942 production?

PICTURE; Only one available at this time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zeltbahn M31
    P
    Many

Default Re: Zeltbahn M31

Additional Information:

I believe early variations (1939-1940) were of a lighter colour/ shading?
    Last edited by Empereur; 09-15-2008 at 12:19 AM.

This is a late 1943 to 1945 production
    uncommon variant, go for it if you need one...

I would be curious to see both straps as i have never seen one bearing the month of production...except for RAD equipments...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello Empereur,
    Apparently you didn't buy the Zeltbahn posted....it is still for sale on the dealer's site. If you're looking for an original WWII Zeltbahn, this one is very good. I mean the condition is a bit salty, but it is a hard to find variant.
    By the way, if any of our fellow members is looking for a fairly priced Zeltbahn, my advice would be to jump on this one.....$132 for this one, this is a STEEEAAAAALLLLLL.....a major bargain for a Heer collector who looks carefully to details and production variants....

OK, OK, there are a few grails among Heer Zeltbahnen....you don't see them every week....like the brown camo Zelt (1940/41), the rotated buttonholes Zelt (May 44 to July 44), the infra red Zelt (1945), the both sides in light colors Zelt (1944/45).....and the one posted in this thread (late 43 or 44 to 45).....constructed like some Waffen-SS Zeltbahnen.
    Instead of being built in TWO parts, it is made of FOUR parts, the two lower corner being sewn to the rest....see pic below....I do own one example already, in better condition, that's why i'm not interested...but if one fellow members is.......go......it won't stay unidentified forever...
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zeltbahn M31  
    Last edited by JPhilip; 03-13-2015 at 03:44 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

I did end up buying it, my money is on route to the collector.

Hopefully it should arrive in 1 to 2 weeks. I'll post some pictures.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Empereur,
    Apparently you didn't buy the Zeltbahn posted....it is still for sale on the dealer's site. If you're looking for an original WWII Zeltbahn, this one is very good. I mean the condition is a bit salty, but it is a hard to find variant.
    By the way, if any of our fellow members is looking for a fairly priced Zeltbahn, my advice would be to jump on this one.....$132 for this one, this is a STEEEAAAAALLLLLL.....a major bargain for a Heer collector who looks carefully to details and production variants....

OK, OK, there are a few grails among Heer Zeltbahnen....you don't see them every week....like the brown camo Zelt (1940/41), the rotated buttonholes Zelt (May 44 to July 44), the infra red Zelt (1945), the both sides in light colors Zelt (1944/45).....and the one posted in this thread (late 43 or 44 to 45).....constructed like some Waffen-SS Zeltbahnen.
    Instead of being built in TWO parts, it is made of FOUR parts, the two lower corner being sewed to the rest....see pic below....I do own one example already, in better condition, that's why i'm not interested...but if one fellow members is.......go......it won't stay unidentified forever...
    thanks

You've made the right choice...
    It is a scarce variant that often remains unidentified....and the price was for a usual one...good catch...
    thanks

PS : please don't forget to post some pics when it arrives.....

In Memoriam :

?

I am rather anxious to see more pics when it arrives as well. Good catch! I just aqcuired one the other day from my uncle. It's a four piece const. as well.
    Remember to post the pics, please!
    Thanks,
    Dean.