Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Zeltbahn markings/numbers I can't figure out.

Article about: Can't make this out very well, but for the LBA B30, is this Lufwaffe? Can't find any reference pics on the net, thx.

Default Zeltbahn markings/numbers I can't figure out.

Can't make this out very well, but for the LBA B30, is this Lufwaffe? Can't find any reference pics on the net, thx.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zelt b.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	897635

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Yes Luft property mark long name in german some one will know for sure. B could be for Berlin depot. timothy

Has reasonable of being good then?

Yeah its good quarter nice find Luft marked are much harder to find by my experience in gear. timothy

Sweet, this one is pretty nice shape, supposed to have a wicked antique musty smell!

I'll post pics when I get it ;-) Been wanting one of these for a while. I use a Vietnam shelter half to keep light and dust off my growing pile of stuff, and to keep that smell of all that old stuff locked away from the rest of the room it's in. The Zeltbahn will make a nice addition. I can put the Vietnam shelter half back on my Vietnam stuff.

Timothy is correct.

The word he was searching for is:

Luftwaffenbekleidungsamt

There were three large depots who used these initials:

Bielefeld (Bf) Sonneberg (S) and Berlin (B)

Can you make out the unit markings to the left?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi ade,

It's impossible to make anything out on the darker part of the pattern, but by fooling around with the saturation, contrast and sharpness, I can bring out the numbers a bit, what I see is; 0 R661, incomplete number I imagine there's a few digits to the left that are still invisible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zelt c.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	313.7 KB 
ID:	897750

Hello,
    Considering that the Zeltbahn was adopted in 1931 by the german army and the Lutwaffe was created in 1935, i highly doubt that one can find a Zeltbahn with a L.B.A. B 30 stamped on it....IMO it's rather B36 or B38....
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Looks like 36 to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Oops, just saw this right after posting my own pic of the numbers in the Field Gear area. It looks like a 30 to me, but I haven't looked at it with the possibility of being another number. I'll look again.