Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Auntqie store find/ Finnish items

Article about: Hi,has anyone see this before?

?

Default Auntqie store find/ Finnish items

Hi,has anyone see this before?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auntqie store find/ Finnish items
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Auntqie store find/ Finnish items

M
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auntqie store find/ Finnish items   Auntqie store find/ Finnish items  

?

Default re: Auntqie store find/ Finnish items

good or bad?

Default Re: Auntqie store find/ Finnish items

No idea, as this is right outside my collecting interests. I have put "Finnish" in the thread title to help catch peoples eye.

We have several Finnish members: drop a PM to "Jan". He might know?

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks so much Ade!!

I don't know anything about these items, but a quick question. Why would an item from 1918 have a swastika? I know it was used as a good luck sign, but on a prospective military badge of that period??
    Tom

?

Did finland not use a blue swastika on a white background? Or was that just during WW2 period?

Hans N
    ?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I don't know anything about these items, but a quick question. Why would an item from 1918 have a swastika? I know it was used as a good luck sign, but on a prospective military badge of that period??
    Tom
    The finns started using the swastika in 1918. The finnish swastika originates most likely from the swedish Count von Rosens airplane that he kindly donated to the finnish armed forces in 1918.

Hans N
    ?

Quote by Nibody View Post
    Did finland not use a blue swastika on a white background? Or was that just during WW2 period?
    The finnish airforce used the blue swastika on a white background.

Taken from Wikipedia (Finnish Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) :

Von Rosen had painted his personal good luck charm on the Thulin Typ D aircraft which he donated to the White liberation army in february 1918. This charm – a blue swastika, the ancient symbol of good luck – was adopted as the insignia of the Finnish Air Force. The white circular background was created when the Finns tried to paint over the advertisement from the Thulin air academy. The swastika was officially taken into use after an order by Mannerheim on 18 March 1918. The FAF had to change the insignia after 1945, due to an Allied Control Commission decree, where the swastika had to be abandoned due to the association with Nazism.

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I just had to write here.

This is the Commemorative Medal of the Capture of Kuopio from the Finnish Civil War. It was meant to be issued to White troops, who took part in the Battle of Kuopio. It's more of a badge, then a medal. The badge is not manufactured in 1918, but it was issued in 8.2.1920. I'm looking for this badge to my collection currently.