Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Cleaning badges etc.

Article about: Been cleaning some badges normaly i wouldn't do this if there's nice patina and otherwise clean but these badges look so bad they were gum up in black tar, glue, etc nasty stuff... and of co

?

Default Cleaning badges etc.

Been cleaning some badges normaly i wouldn't do this if there's nice patina and otherwise clean but these badges look so bad they were gum up in black tar, glue, etc nasty stuff...
    and of course some badge has coating on it so cleaning and polishing will damage that too but there was not so much to lose on these badges...
    turn out to be quite nice i used sampo cleaning and polishing powder, lots of q tips, toothpicks and polishing cloth...
    orginaly that Ratsujääkäripataljoonan risti has black background but it was so worn out there was only small paint spots left so i decide clean those off to...
    pity that those back pins break easy if anyone know how to fix those i would be happy hear...
    Cleaning badges etc.Cleaning badges etc.
    Cleaning badges etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cleaning badges etc.
    P
    Many

Share some quick tips, I became interested in this. Did you use toothbrush and cleaning powder, or how did you perform it?

?

well it's not much a magic trick you just need that Sampo powder (ofc theres all kinds of different powders etc. but this seem to work just fine)...
    take a Q-tip and tip it in water class then to powder and start brushing... some spots might be hard clean so go over them many times...
    i didn't use toothbrush actually i wanted to leave bit smutch on niches so thers bit depth...
    some niches were bit too dirty so i used toothpick and powder to clean those...
    also these Town Talk Polishing Cloths are really good not necessary but i recommend to get couple of these can be found ebay or etc...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you don't necessarily need this but sometimes it makes things easier...
    on that Ratsujääkäripataljoonan risti i used bit rotary tool 20 bucks cheap one will do just fine (drill might work to i havent try it) and then you need these heads on it Polishing Wheel Set and then some polishing wax to put on those heads... cant remember did i use acetone to remove those old paint spots or did i just puff it clean anyways... there's still bit silverish coating/plating on that badge i might try to take that all off so it's just plain shiny metal...
    hmm... it probably could be restored back to its orginal look but that's another project...
    but yea i don't recommend doing this for any good badges but if you have some seriously bad ones try it out! happy polishing

?

cleaning strawberries pity other one has taken some damage...