Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fin m38 swastika?

Article about: hi guys removed a couple of layers of green post war paint from a fin m38 (i think its a fin because it lacks the hungarian shield above the nr) and found this swas hiding and under that bla

Default fin m38 swastika?

hi guys removed a couple of layers of green post war paint from a fin m38 (i think its a fin because it lacks the hungarian shield above the nr) and found this swas hiding and under that black paint so what do you guys think it was paraded as a fin "skull helmet" but removed that and found this regards DS

fin m38 swastika?fin m38 swastika?fin m38 swastika?fin m38 swastika?fin m38 swastika?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fin m38 swastika?
    P
    Many

Its a Finnish used m38 but never a swas like that painted on a helmet ,interesting

yes i think so too it could just have been done post war but since i have seen weirder stuff i thought perhaps, but it would be wird since it would be counter productive in the field purely camowise regards DS

yes could have been done post war ,the liner is a nice wartime Finnish liner so still a nice helmet

Info for other people who didnt know :

Finland's air force used the swastika as their symbol in both the Winter war and the Finnish Continuation War

They had the swastiska as early as 1918.

?

Please dont remove this.
    I wonder if this helmet had a big skull and crossed bones in front as well.

There's one photo where soldiers have helmets with a similar pattern, you can see parts of the swastika on the side. I have more photos saved on my HDD from SA-kuva archives, that should have similar helmets. I'll post them here once I get home later this week.

Soldiers wearing the helmets should be from Light Detachment 4 (Kevyt osasto 4)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fin m38 swastika?  

Interesting helmet, DM marked finnish shell ( produced by Mávag). I think it's a postwar liner, the band is the original hungarian but leather pads have been replaced. Hard to tell if the swastika is period or not, sometimes you can find ww2 symbols under postwar paint so it's absolutely possible.
    My "Vallila Battalion" helmet showing some postwar modifications however the painted symbol is still there.

Here's a Finnish soldier wearing a helmet with a swastika painted on its side. I lost the one from SA-kuva archives, so this ones taken from a Kansa Taisteli magazine cover.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fin m38 swastika?  

I think the liner is ok as the Finnish fitted this type of liner to their helmets wartime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast