Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?

Article about: Hey guys! Got this box and around 100 other rounds for free. All the headstamps are marked "VPT" either "40" or 41". I checked 7.62x54r.net the head stamps on that p

Default Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?

Hey guys! Got this box and around 100 other rounds for free. All the headstamps are marked "VPT" either "40" or 41". I checked 7.62x54r.net the head stamps on that page say these are Finish made WW2 bullets. Any other thoughts? Also the box it apears to have a date of 1943? Kind of cool having ammo from the winter war if they are real? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?   Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?  

Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?   Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?  

Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo?
    P
    Many

?

Those look like .303 British cartridges......Pete. The blue tip means AP.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Those look like .303 British cartridges......Pete. The blue tip means AP.
    I think they are 7.62. But let me compare to some new made 7.62 I have. Thanks about the AP!

?

On the box it shows Kal. 7,7 .Here`s a comparison picture........
    Attached Images Attached Images Finish WW2, mosin nagant ammo? 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

If it is british, I wonder why the box is not in English? I have assess to all those bullets in the picture. Almost positive it's 7.62. I will have to compare when I get home. Thanks.

Box says: Flying troops. 15 pieces of machine gun ammo. Armor piercing shell.

Winter War ended in the March of 1940. These would be from the Continuation War.

The box is not in English because it was imported. Finnish soldier would have been pretty confused with the labels in English.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Box says: Flying troops. 15 pieces of machine gun ammo. Armor piercing shell.

Winter War ended in the March of 1940. These would be from the Continuation War.

The box is not in English because it was imported. Finnish soldier would have been pretty confused with the boxes in English.
    Great info thanks! Sorry I should of specified. I know the winter war ended in 1940, I only took pictures of the "41" stamped ones, the bulk are all marked "40".

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Great info thanks! Sorry I should of specified. I know the winter war ended in 1940, I only took pictures of the "41" stamped ones, the bulk are all marked "40".
    VPT is an abbreviation for Valtion patruunatehdas - States ordnance factory. So I guess these weren't imported but manufactured in Finland under license? I'm not a firearms guy so I can't really say for sure.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    VPT is an abbreviation for Valtion patruunatehdas - States ordnance factory. So I guess these weren't imported but manufactured in Finland under license? I'm not a firearms guy so I can't really say for sure.
    Pretty cool thanks!

really great condition. I cant find 7.65 agr that was made as late as the 90's that's not breaking down.

My wife knows that if she ever has the unfourtane experience to use my smle, or 1891 arg mauser, that the ones with blacked out head stamps are last resort.

anyway period ammo that's in good condition is awesome the blue ap nose will show very well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast