Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this an Finnish airforce badge?

Article about: Friends, My first post on this forum. I have bought a badge thet I can't find any reference to. It came with another badge, Finnish, disabled 1939-1945. Does anyone here have any reference t

Default Is this an Finnish airforce badge?

Friends,

My first post on this forum.

I have bought a badge thet I can't find any reference to. It came with another badge, Finnish, disabled 1939-1945.

Does anyone here have any reference to it? There are traces of blue enamel in the swastika and white enamel in the circle around it.

Any pointers is appriciated!

Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an Finnish airforce badge?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Peter.

Not something I can help with but a photo of the reverse of the award is typically needed to help authenticate (assuming it is an original "design")
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Naturaly, here it is!

32x42 mm

Peter

MAP
    ?

Nice looking piece. Hopefully someone will be by and recognize the piece soon.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a Finnish Airforce badge to me like the ones worn on the shoulder boards but your one looks to be maybe a Finnish airforce sweet heart badge

It is strange finnish badge, there is hardly any info about it.

Presumably it is m/18 airforce hat badge, or unofficial hat badge. At 1919 year came new dresscode and airforce received their own hat model, this don't belong to it. And Pilot badge and shoulder insignias are different.

It directly similar to ww1 german flying troops shoulder badge, and they ordered a lot of different kind of insignias and officer shoulderboards from germany at early years 1918-1920.

?

It is similar to a buckle that was in Yellow 12's recent post. Photocredit Yellow 12
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an Finnish airforce badge?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I've seen a photo of finnish air force man, who has a that badge in his chest. Picture is about 1919 - from the beginning of the 1920s. Also in his hat was the same looking badge.

Thank you everybody for your much appreciated input.

First, the badge is very similar to the SA/SS Fliegersturm badge from circa 1933, but it's not the same. You can se that example in the picture of the belt buckles.

The fact that the swastika has been blue and is on a white bottom together with that it came together with another Finnish badge strongly suggest it's actually Finnish. Verikauha and verdammt gives the answer and gives me hope to be able to find some documentation or even the picture mentioned by verdammt.

I will continue to look for more info, I would be very greatful for any more information.

Peter

I thought it would be a sweet heart with the way the pin is made on the back of the badge and for me modeled off the badge worn on the shoulder board , i havent seen any other Finnish badges with that model of pin attachment on their backs , please see the below photo of the Shoulder board badge in wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an Finnish airforce badge?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast