Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish airforce m27 Pliots uniform

Article about: Picked up this nice Finnish Airforce m27 Pliots uniform , would like to found out who it belong to anyone have any ideas i have shown the pocket where the awards were worn thought it may hel

Default Finnish airforce m27 Pliots uniform

Picked up this nice Finnish Airforce m27 Pliots uniform , would like to found out who it belong to anyone have any ideas i have shown the pocket where the awards were worn thought it may help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish airforce m27 Pliots uniform   Finnish airforce m27 Pliots uniform  

Finnish airforce m27 Pliots uniform   Finnish airforce m27 Pliots uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish airforce m27 Pliots uniform
    P
    Many

Turn the inside chest pocket inside out, usually there is tailor and owners name. If no, no luck finding out.
    Airforce Majors were usually squadron leaders (lentolaivue, squadron number between 1-48?) and staff officers. Some of them also made combat flights.

That ribbon is damm great. VR1, VR2, VR3, VR4. + Winterwar. Otherwise there wouldn't be four Freedom Crosses. VR1 & VR2 carriers are usually listed as some Mannerheim Cross "level" holders.

EK2 ribbon in button, maybe Germans liked the guy or made co-operation with them in staff level. The jacket wearer operated with them at some point in time. More hints.

3 badge holes in left pocket, possibilities Flyers badge 100%. EK1 (2 pin holes? below pocket from the looks of it) who knows? Mannerheim cross has screw (1 hole).
    Cadet school badge belongs to middle of right pocket, any holes in it?

Damm, still waiting a day to get my own M/27 AF jacket.

Found one possibility, Karhunen.
    SA-kuva, number 156010

Funeral service, picture text:

"Ilmavoimien edustajat luutnantti Nissinen hautaustilaisuudessa. Vasemmalla majuri Sovelius, majuri Karhunen, luutnantti Metsola ja hänen takanaan lentomestari Turkka.
    Valkeala 1944.07.13 "

Another, majuri Arvo Herman Toivo
    But he doesnt have VR1 in picture. Mikkeli 1942.09.15
    Fifth from right
    Third in right.

Made a survey, only 3 persons from MR2 crossholders matches that medal bar, and made mistake identifying it: VR 2 mk, VR 3 tlk, VR 3 mk, VR 4 mk, Ts mm

Number means Mannerheim cross allocation number.
    KARU Veikko Johannes, 98
    KARHUNEN Jorma (Joppe) 92
    LUUKKANEN Eino Antero 127

Thank you again , there is no name in the tunic or trousers so you info is a great help and the makers label is in the neck of the tunic made in Tampere

I know this is a old thread but looking at the first photo posted i think the uniform is from Major Karhunen as i have just got the uniform out and seen that it looks to have the same unit badge on the cross strap

It was great that likely owner was found for the tunic, I have done few times such officer research.

I also have ~1940 m36 airforce major tunic, it has surname inside it but I found nothing on that guy, such headache.
    He isn't in fallen list, he wasn't in cadet officer catalog, and name not found in popular aviation history, such minor character.
    Likely he did receive aviation officer training in 1920-ties when officer training was more ambiguous, or even could have been tsarists-russian pilot before 1918 independence.

That's why this forum thread hit close to me.

Thank you for your help with my tunic and i hope at some point you find the info you need to find out the owner of yours

Just a updated on this uniform , it is now back in Finland and now with its new owner forum member Verikauha who it was nice to meet up with a couple of weeks ago in Finland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast