Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish Armoured Division Sleeve Insignia

Article about: I noticed that there aren't a lot of items, concerning the Finnish Armored Forces, during the Winter and Continuation Wars. The items are really rare and the uniforms can go over 1000 euros

Default Finnish Armoured Division Sleeve Insignia

I noticed that there aren't a lot of items, concerning the Finnish Armored Forces, during the Winter and Continuation Wars. The items are really rare and the uniforms can go over 1000 euros here, which is a lot in price range of Finnish uniforms. I only have one item, but I really like it. It's an sleeve insignia, worn on the right sleeve of your uniform. The arrows in the insignia are called ''Laguksen Nuolet'' which means ''The Arrows of Lagus''. Lagus was the commander of the Armored Division.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Armoured Division Sleeve Insignia
    P
    Many

Hi this one looks ok ,but beware there are a few new made ones around made for film use , the Panzer museum were selling them the last item i was there .

Thank you for the info! Do you have photos of what they look like?

So I finally found a good reference photo that shows this insignia in wear. I wonder who this belonged to: an Armoured Jäger, a soldier of Anti-Tank company of the Armored Brigade, a tanker? You can only wonder .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Armoured Division Sleeve Insignia   Finnish Armoured Division Sleeve Insignia  

?

That's a nice item and accompanying photo! I would not have know what that insignia was if I'd have encountered it somewhere.

Quote by Erno View Post
    That's a nice item and accompanying photo! I would not have know what that insignia was if I'd have encountered it somewhere.
    Thank you Rick! It's honestly one of my favorite items in my collection. The armored troops, airforce etc we're much smaller in the Finnish Army, when compared to the German or Soviet ones, so it's always nice to stumble upon items associated with them.

A captured Soviet SSh-40 helmet in Finnish use, with the Arrows of Lagus. Very interesting photo, I wonder where the helmet is now .

Original caption: Light machine gunner on the deck of an assault gun. Vuosalmi bridgeheads northern side. 1944.07.30

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Armoured Division Sleeve Insignia  

?

Wow ! Very nice item Can i ask u what you paid for it ?

Thanks!

I think it was about 45 euros, but I really can't say for sure.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Thanks!

I think it was about 45 euros, but I really can't say for sure.
    Okey, thats a reasonable price

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast