MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Civil guard armband

Article about: Hi. I try to found is this armband real and it would be nice if somebody would help me on this one? I know that this is armband of Satakunnan suojeluskunnan. But how i understand, under of t

Default Finnish Civil guard armband

Hi.

I try to found is this armband real and it would be nice if somebody would help me on this one?

I know that this is armband of Satakunnan suojeluskunnan. But how i understand, under of this logo post to read Satakunnan suojeluskunta or just Satakunta.
    And somehow this printed logo disrupt me.

Finnish Civil guard armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Civil guard armband
    P
    Many

I know there are original printed arm bands so could be ok but hard to tell from a photo and would need to be seen in hand

Yes i found also some printed armbands, but most usual i notice that under logo was almost always writed location of this group.
    It is hard to say about it from this picture.

More precisely, it includes areas belonging to Satakunta military district, which are Pori CivilGuard district, South-Satakunta CG district, and North-Satakunta CG district.

Looks real, but I presume they thought that which city civil guard members it would be given, they would write(stitch letters) their home city name under the shield.
    Or could have been that it was made for parade but number of city names were complicating, and it was left out.

Printed arm-bands with CG shield were between 1928-1940, or earliest photograph evidence I have seen is from year 1928.