Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Finnish Collar Tabs

Article about: Would anyone comment as to whether any of these Finnish collar tabs are authentic WW2 and which are post WW2? Sorry no photos of the backings but some have a sort of burlap backing and some

Hi yes these are post war , also you don't find the bar between the pips on them on wartime collar patches

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I hadn't realized, that the rank of yliluutnantti can't be found on war era collar tabs.

New addition to my collection: Wartime Jäger Captains collar tabs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-12 14.38.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	659161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-12 14.39.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	659163  

Has anyone seen collar tabs with this kind of construction? I've never seen a backing like this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	662870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	662869  

Interesting backing on thoses never seen any made like that before ,maybe talior made eg Stockmans ?

Quote by kradman View Post
    Interesting backing on thoses never seen any made like that before ,maybe talior made eg Stockmans ?
    Thanks for the reply Krad. I'd believe so too, another supposedly tailor made one I have also has this type of cloth backing, but with another texture and color.

?

Hi,

I have seen that kind of backing several times, but never before in red. What I have seen were officers and soldier tabs. I think they army issue tabs, just different backing material.

Quote by Rami S View Post
    Hi,

I have seen that kind of backing several times, but never before in red. What I have seen were officers and soldier tabs. I think they army issue tabs, just different backing material.
    Thank you for the info Rami. SA seemed to be using so many different materials.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Here are my new cavalry lieutenants collar tabs, that I just received. Again, new backing material for me and I've never seen this kind before. Also the heraldic roses seem different in color, from the ones that I've seen, but they could just be heavily oxidized. The top line doesn't seem to be that slanted, as in Rami's examples. What do you guys think of it: wartime or post?
    Is it possible to know, if these we're meant for cavalry or for veterinary corps? To my knowledge the Finnish cavalry used collar tabs like these, until they we're abolished in 1938 and after that the veterinary corps started using these.

The collar tabs with the yellow background and silver edging are cavalry. I asked around on Finnish forums and a guy said that they we're for the Cavalry Brigade, that was under the command of the general staff and non-commissioned officer school. Also that the veterinaries didn't use the fir styled edging on the tabs and of course they used the special officers insignia, with the snake.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast