Finnish commemorative crosses and their documents

Article about: Hi all today I have received (for my personal collection) two new Finnish Crosses with their documents, awarded both for same person. A good opportunity to start a thread, where we can show

Default Finnish commemorative crosses and their documents

Hi all

today I have received (for my personal collection) two new Finnish Crosses with their documents, awarded both for same person. A good opportunity to start a thread, where we can show our crosses with accompanying documents.

For the begining Commemorative Cross of the 5th Division (Ilves-Divisioona = Lynx Division), awarded for the Continuation War. Nice old made decoration, with original ribbon:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D_crossA.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	985867   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D_crossR.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	985868  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D_doc.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	985869  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

The second one is the really scarce Cross for Military Railway Units (Sotarautatiemuodostelmien risti), with origial ribbon & clasp. Manufactured by Veljekset Sundquist (Sundquist Brothers):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RU_crossA.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	985870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RU_crossR.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	985871  

Name:	RU_doc.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	985872  

Nice crosses! Also nice to see that the documents have been preserved.

2 very nice medals.

Nice to know, that you like it Yes, the documents are often more scarce as the decorations... Today one more:

Commemorative Cross of the 7th Division (Sword Division) = 7. Divisioona risti (Kalparisti). Maker: Merkkikeskus

Name:	7D_crossA.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	280.3 KB 
ID:	986169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7D_crossR.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	986170  

Name:	7D_doc.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	986171  

?

Great to see these unusual awards and especially with their documentation , many thanks for showing them and nice additions to your collection .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks for nice feedback to be continued [I hope]

Hi again

I have new addition: this time not a single cross, but medal bar. It contains three rather common medals: Liberty Medal 2nd Class, medal for Winter War & medal for Continuation War. At the end we have two commemorative crosses, which are not so easy to find: Päämajan risti (Headquarters Cross) and 8. Divisioonan risti - cross of the 8th Division, called also Kolmen Kannaksen Koukkaajat (Outflankers of three isthmus).

Three documents to the medal bar are preserved: for both crosses and for Continuation War medal; all to the same name.

regards
    Tomasz

Name:	Ripa_5A.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	987969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ripa_5R.jpg 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	987972  

Name:	Ripa_5DA.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	987970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ripa_5DR.jpg 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	987971  

Name:	Sodan41.jpg 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	987967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paamajan_doc.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	987968  

Name:	8D_doc.jpg 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	987966  

There are something special about Finnish medals. They looks amazing but still so simple and clean.

And the Finnish people are very brave.

Quote by tompress View Post
    Hi again

I have new addition: this time not a single cross, but medal bar. It contains three rather common medals: Liberty Medal 2nd Class, medal for Winter War & medal for Continuation War. At the end we have two commemorative crosses, which are not so easy to find: Päämajan risti (Headquarters Cross) and 8. Divisioonan risti - cross of the 8th Division, called also Kolmen Kannaksen Koukkaajat (Outflankers of three isthmus).

Three documents to the medal bar are preserved: for both crosses and for Continuation War medal; all to the same name.

regards
    Tomasz
    A nice set. I tried looking trough a book that has listed veterans who served in units that were under the command of the HQ, but I couldn't find him. Most likely listed in a book with veterans from the 8th division.