Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish Field Cap M/36

Article about: Dastier: Can you post more images of your cap? I find this variant interesting; it does not have the vertical seam to the body of the cap (where the cockade is pinned), and the buttoned port

?

Default Finnish Field Cap M/36

Hello

I think I need some help with this finnish army cap
    in my eyes, I cant see nothing wrong with it ,but it is best to double check
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Field Cap M/36   Finnish Field Cap M/36  

Finnish Field Cap M/36   Finnish Field Cap M/36  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Field Cap M/36
    P
    Many

Default Re: Finnish Field Cap M/36

Hi it looks ok but has a odd lining , normally you find this type of lining in Lotta hats ,

Looks good to me except for that lining. What size is it? Maybe it is a Lotta cap. Here's my M/43 cap for comparison:

Finnish Field Cap M/36

I'm not really sure what the difference, if any, is between a M/36 and a M/43. When I bought this cap, it was identified as a M/43 Lotta cap. Perhaps its only terminology - I think M/43 is just a German version.

?

it´s quite large size, maybe 58-60. i also have a lotta cap. but it have more like a combat lining in it.

How do you tell the difference between a Lotta cap and an Finnish Army M/36 other than size? I read that the buttons were either grey or copper colour on army M/36 caps (and on your cap - look oxidized).

On my Lotta cap the buttons are silver. Is that a distinction between the two?

?

I have no idea how to tell the difference between a Lotta cap and an Finnish Army. my lotta cap have grey buttons and not silver.
    so i dont know. i hope somebody here can help me.

Any more opinions on this cap? I'm also curious about it

The lotta caps are normally made from the same cloth as the dress the Lotta had ,The cap above has a odd lining for a Army cap normally they arert lined in this manner , Could have been a private buy from a taliors at the time as you see both Lotta and army caps sometimes with tailors labels

This cap is typical ersatz material made cap, and its not lotta cap. and like kradman said I think too that it is made by private tailor.

Or maybe the owner kept the cap after the war and later replaced the lining? Things get 'lost' especially in war time. We used to cut the linings out of our issue berets to make them fit better, some guys added different linings to make them seem 'old'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast