Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish field humour

Article about: I was digging through our old family house, where my greatgrandfather Armas used to live in, and I found this letter made and sent to him by his friends in the front, propably sometime durin

Default Finnish field humour

I was digging through our old family house, where my greatgrandfather Armas used to live in, and I found this letter made and sent to him by his friends in the front, propably sometime during 1942.

Here's a rough translation I made;

ORDER OF THE ROAD KNIGHTS

GAME DISPOSAL STAFF has in date 8.5.1942 granted You Army Officer Armas Valdemar Kivelä

A Grand Medal of the Order of the Road Knight's Golden Pulley

For your successful disposal of game animals besides your other work, with fierce though sometimes less successful rifle and pistol fire.

The Order's Chancelor:
    J. Mäkelä

Game disposal Chief of Staff: E. (cant read the name).

Guardian of Seal
    Game Marski (Marski meaning the commander of Finnish army C.G.E Mannerheim)

----------------------

I couldn't translate all of the text and the parts I translated are missing the humour you can find with the original language.

Thought this would be a bit different type of militaria!

P.S The envelope the letter was in, was stamped with ''Sotasalaisuus (Military Secret)'' stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish field humour   Finnish field humour  

Finnish field humour  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish field humour
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Classic! Great post!

Reminds me of my college days when "some people I knew" would "borrow" letterhead from the Dean's office and send "Offical" letters to other students telling them they were suspended......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)